Veritas Skew Registration Jig for Mk.II Honing Guide
- $ 37.50
Have questions? Give us a call at 260-637-0054.
The Skew Registration Jig is used with the Veritas Mk.II Honing Guide, allowing skew chisels and blades to be accurately and repeatedly sharpened and honed to a very sharp edge.
The jig attaches to the guide using the same dovetail feature along the front of the blade carrier as the standard registration jig. It is used with the blade carrier set to the standard-angle configuration.
The jig's machined aluminum base provides skew angle markings that are laser etched for accuracy and legibility. The skew angle graduations cover the range of 10° to 45° in 5° increments, and there are additional marks (18°, 22°, 28°) to cover the angles of popular skew plane blades.
The base has four distinct tracks providing four bevel angle settings: 20°, 25°, 30° and 35°. (A micro-bevel can be created with the honing guide’s eccentric roller axle mount.) The unique sliding fence with blade stop allows you to match an existing skew angle visually – even if it is non-standard.
For use with the standard head only – the narrow-blade clamping head’s parallel jaws are not designed for sharpening skews.
- Locks into guide to set bevels and bevel angles (left- or right-hand)
- Machined aluminum base provides skew angle markings laser etched for accuracy and legibility
- Skew angle graduations cover range of 10° to 45° in 5° increments; additional marks (18°, 22°, 28°) cover angles of popular skew plane blades
- Four distinct tracks provide four bevel angle settings (20°, 25°, 30° and 35°)
- Match existing skew angle visually (even non-standard) using sliding fence with blade stop