OakTree Return Policy
At OakTree, we are proud of the brands we carry and are confident in their quality, but if you are looking to return or exchange your order, we are here to help!
Most new, unused merchandise can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of purchase with a valid receipt unless noted in our Return Policy Exceptions & Exclusions. Before purchasing, please note our policy regarding machinery, power tools, special order and custom products below. To be eligible for a refund, merchandise must be unused, include all the original components, be in the original, undamaged packaging and in the condition in which they were received unless defective or damaged in shipping. Refunds will be issued in the original form of payment. Purchases made with a gift card or store credit will be refunded as store credit.
Any product that has shown signs of misuse or neglect will not be eligible for return.
Items marked final sale at time of purchase cannot be returned.
Returns with a receipt:
You may return items to OakTree either in-store or by mail. If you want to return an item by mail, you must follow the steps below:
- Call OakTree at 260-637-0054 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a return authorization
- Once a representative confirms that your item meets the return criteria, you will be provided with a return authorization number and shipping instructions.
- The customer is responsible for all return shipping charges unless the item is damaged or defective. Products shipped using standard shipping methods (excluding freight) with manufacturer flaws or that are otherwise defective or damaged in shipping will be replaced at no cost to the customer, including return shipping.
- Ship all return merchandise to OakTree Supply at 14110 Plank Street, Fort Wayne, Indiana, 46818 using a trackable shipping method. Clearly write your return authorization number on the shipping label (not on the product). Please package your items safely and in the original packaging whenever possible. Any costs incurred by damage to products during return transit is the customer's responsibility and it may lessen or forfeit your refund. We recommend insuring your package when shipping it back to us. Sometimes things get damaged en route, and if that happens, we want you to be covered.
- Once the merchandise is received and processed by OakTree, the return will be refunded via the original form of payment. Please allow 1-3 days for your return to be processed and 7-10 business days for refund to post to your account.
- Returns by mail must be initiated and postmarked within the 30-day return period.
- Shipping charges paid by a customer cannot be refunded.
- All mail-in returns must be approved by OakTree before being shipped. Do not return items to OakTree without first receiving a return authorization. This may result in a forfeiture or delay of your refund.
Returns without a receipt:
If you do not have a receipt, you will be required to show a valid photo ID. OakTree will attempt to assist in locating a receipt for online and in-store purchases associated with your name or email address. For receipts that can be located, returns will follow the standard return policy. Unfortunately, if the transaction cannot be verified, we cannot return or exchange merchandise.
Return Policy Exceptions & Exclusions
If you receive an item with a manufacturing defect, simply return the product to OakTree for a refund or exchange. Defective products will be replaced or refunded in accordance with the manufacturer's warranty.
If your shipped item arrives damaged, you receive the wrong item or if you are missing items, we will make it right at no cost to you! Please call us at 260-637-0054 or email email@example.com. For missing items, please check your packing slip to see if any of your items are arriving in separate shipments. Orders shipping in multiple boxes may get separated during transit. Please allow 2-3 additional business days for all packages to arrive.
Used merchandise and consumables cannot be returned unless there is a manufacturing defect. Defective products will be replaced or refunded in accordance with the manufacturer's warranty.
Machinery & items shipped via a freight service: These products are covered by the manufacturer's warranty, which supersedes any offered by OakTree Supply. Buyers who wish to return unused machinery or items that must be shipped via a freight carrier are responsible for all return freight costs as well as a 25% restocking fee. These products must be shipped back in their original, undamaged crate or box and on a skid. Any costs incurred by damage to machinery or other merchandise during return transit is the customers responsibility and it may lessen or forfeit your refund. We strongly recommend insuring your item(s). Used machinery and machinery that has been opened or assembled after pickup, shipment or delivery cannot be returned to OakTree and is subject only to the manufacturer's warranty and policies regarding returns. In cases where there is a manufacturing defect, the customer must contact the manufacturer directly and work with their technical support team. If the manufacturer is able to resolve the issue or send replacement parts, they will do so and the item will not be eligible for return to the manufacturer. If the manufacturer deems the product unrepairable, OakTree will work with the manufacturer to arrange return freight and replacement at no cost to the customer. Please take note of each manufacturer’s unique warranty and guarantee policy before making your purchase. If you have questions regarding a manufacturer’s warranty, or how to reach their technical support team, give us a call at 260-637-0054. Manufacturer drop-ship items may not allow returns or may be subject to a restocking fee subject to the manufacturers policy. Upon delivery, if you suspect damage to your machine caused during transit, we suggest that you deny delivery.
Power tools: Used power tools (except for brands with Satisfaction Guarantees – see below) cannot be returned and are subject only to the manufacturer's warranty.
Products with Satisfaction Guarantees: Some of our products carry a Satisfaction Guarantee from the manufacturer. If you are not satisfied with your purchase of one of these items, please contact us within the return timeframe listed below and we will assist you with your return. If returning by mail, any return shipping costs not covered by the manufacturer’s Satisfaction Guarantee will be the customers responsibility. Please note that only tools are covered under the Satisfaction Guarantee – used accessories and/or consumables are not covered and will not be accepted back for any reason. Brands with Satisfaction Guarantees include Festool (30 days), Shaper (30 days), Freud (60 days) and Kreg (90 days).
Items not eligible for a return, refund or store credit:
- Any special-ordered, size-specific products including abrasives and band saw blades. These are ordered off of the customer's measurements and OakTree is not responsible for mismeasurement.
- Items ordered for a specific customer that are not regularly stocked by OakTree Supply cannot be returned unless defective.
- Special order replacement parts or components. It is important that you provide your model and serial number of the machine so the correct part can be ordered. It is the customer’s responsibility to supply us with this information before ordering a replacement part or component. If we sell a part that does not fit and we were not supplied your serial number, we reserve the right to refuse any exchange or return.
- Custom-made or built-to-order products cannot be returned.
Any product that has shown signs of misuse or neglect will not be eligible for return.
OakTree reserves the right to limit or decline returns in the event that a situation falls outside the scope of this written policy. The store manager has the authority to make a final decision for all returns.
If your package is undeliverable due to no fault of OakTree Supply and returned to us, your order will be canceled and you will receive a refund for the order value less actual shipping both ways regardless of if you received free shipping on your order. When possible, we will make every effort to contact you and remedy the delivery issue before your order is redirected back to us.
OakTree Supply is not responsible for any billing or shipping addresses entered incorrectly by the customer.
- Orders that have not yet been processed and shipped may be canceled by contacting OakTree by phone at 260-637-0054 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If during regular business hours, we strongly suggest calling to cancel your order to have a better chance of canceling your order before it ships. Once processed and shipped, orders are subject to the return policy mentioned above.
- Orders placed with a credit card that are over $8,000 are subject to a 3% processing fee if canceled.
- If an order is processed with a credit card, and you request a change of payment i.e. reprocess the order on a different credit card, you will be charged a 3% credit card processing fee.
- If more information is needed to process your order but we are unable to reach you, your order may be canceled and a refund will be issued in the original form of payment.
Most of our products come with a manufacturer warranty of 30 days to five years depending on the product and manufacturer. If you have a problem with a product and would like it repaired or replaced under warranty, you need to contact the manufacturer directly as they are responsible for their warranty claims and will have their own conditions and guidelines. We are happy to provide you with any contact info you may need.