Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus Part B Accelerator - 300ml (2C B only)
- $ 79.99
Have questions? Give us a call at 260-637-0054.
Oil Plus Part B is an accelerator and hardener which is used in combination with Oil Plus Part A. It reduces full cure time from 21 days to within 5 days.
VOC Content: 0%
Shelf Life: 36 months
Furniture, stairs & countertops
- Sand the surface properly. Finish sanding with 100-150 grit. Note: The color intensity depends on sanding, wood species, water popping, etc. Note: When refinishing, sand all residue from previously applied non-Rubio Monocoat finish treatments (e.g., polyurethane, oil, wax, etc.) down to bare wood.
- Vacuum thoroughly, remove residual sanding dust using Raw Wood Cleaner and wait until the surface is completely dry before applying Oil Plus 2C. Refer to the Raw Wood Cleaner TDS before.
- Stir the A component until a homogenous mixture is obtained. Carefully mix the two components (1 to 2 minutes) with a ratio of about 3 units A to 1 unit B.
- Spread out a small quantity of Oil Plus 2C using an applicator and work the oil into the wood surface. Work in manageable zones. *Alternative spatula method: Evenly spread Oil Plus 2C with a plastic spreader, or a small squeegee. Then, use a Rubio Monocoat applicator pad to work the oil into the surface. Work in manageable zones. NOTE: Apply Oil Plus 2C to ceilings, walls, and vertical surfaces using a brush and spread with an applicator pad.
- Allow the applied oil to react with the wood for at least 5 minutes, during that time periodically work the oiled surface with the applicator pad to redistribute the applied oil and work it into the wood surface. Start wiping excess oil away around 15 minutes from applying it using a clean terry cloth. Make sure all excess oil has been removed within 30 minutes! The surface should feel dry to the touch upon completion. NOTE: To ensure that wood species with high absorbency (e.g., walnut, cherry, pine, cedar, or redwood) are well-oiled, it's important to work the oil into the wood thoroughly and allow additional time to fully penetrate before wiping off excess oil.
- Sand the surface following National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA) guidelines. Finish sanding with 100-120 grit mesh screen. When finished sanding, the wood surface should NOT exhibit a shiny/polished surface. NOTE: The colour intensity depends on sanding, wood species, water popping, etc... NOTE: When refinishing, sand any residue from previously applied non-Rubio Monocoat finish treatments (e.g., polyurethane, oil, wax, etc) down to bare wood.
- Vacuum thoroughly, remove residual sanding dust using Raw Wood Cleaner and wait until the surface is completely dry before applying Oil Plus 2C. Refer to the Raw Wood Cleaner TDS before use.
- Stir the the A Component thoroughly until a consistent colour mixture is obtained. Then, carefully mix the two components together (1 - 2 minutes) at a ratio of about 3 units A to 1 unit B.
- Work in zones of 50-100 SF (5-10 m²). Start each zone by manually applying the oil around the perimeter using a Rubio Monocoat Red Applicator Pad. Liberally apply patches of Oil Plus 2C every other 20 inches to the field of the floor using a brush. Work the oil in using a buffer outfitted with a red buffer pad following the installation length of the boards. Allow the applied oil to react with the wood for at least 5 minutes. During the reaction time, continue to work the oiled surface with the red applicator pad with the buffer to further redistribute the applied oil and work it into the wood surface. *Alternative trowel method: Spread the Oil Plus 2C mixture out with a stainless trowel in zones which can be completed in 30 minutes. Work the applied oil in with a buffer outfitted with a red buffer pad
- Start buffing excess oil away around 15 minutes from applying it using a clean white buffer pad. Use a cloth around the perimeter of the room and where the buffer can not reach to remove excess oil. Make sure all excess oil has been removed with the white pad within 30 minutes from the start of oiling each section! Change the white pads as needed. The surface of the oiled area should feel dry to the touch when this step is completed. NOTE: Continue the instructions outlined in steps 4 and 5 to oil the remaining zones of the floor.
- Once all zones in one room have been oiled, immediately buff the oiled area again with a clean white pad under the buffer to assure an evenly oiled and wiped surface. The surface should now be dry to the touch. NOTE: In very large spaces divide these final buff zones up in smaller section of approximately 300-400 sq. ft.