The Powermatic 719T Hollow Chisel Mortiser is designed to help you cut extremely accurate mortises in a wide range of woods and project designs and to reduce setup time and effort. The 719T has been designed and built to extend its value by maintaining its performance for many years under the demands of even busy woodworking shops.
The 719T Hollow Chisel Mortiser is built around several heavy-duty iron castings for accuracy and repeatability – not to mention long-term durability. Precision machining ensures accuracy and smooth operation.
This mortiser is mounted atop a steel, enclosed base cabinet. The cabinet is 14” wide, 16” deep, 25” tall, and features an internal storage area for chisels, related tools, and accessories. The base cabinet puts the Powermatic 719T Hollow Chisel Mortiser table surface at a comfortable 32” height (0° tilt angle) above the floor.
The 719T is equipped with a 1hp, TEFC (totally enclosed fan cooled) motor that delivers smooth, consistent power. The motor comes wired for 110V (11 amp) operation but can be converted to use 230V (5.5 amp) electrical power. The motor produces a (direct drive) spindle speed of 1725 rpm and is controlled by an industrial style pushbutton On/Off switch, mounted on the powerhead for fast, easy access.
A pair of hinged doors, one on either side of the powerhead, provides easy access to the high quality, 1/2” capacity, key-operated, 3-jaw chuck. An extended chuck key is included that makes installing or removing the auger bits fast and easy. The chuck is designed to be compatible with the common long-shank auger bits. However, a chuck extender is included that allows using short shanked auger bits.
The tilt function of the Powermatic 719T Hollow Chisel Mortiser makes cutting angled mortises easier than ever. Because the entire table surface tilts on a single hinge point, setups are fast and easy. A handy easy to read scale on the front of the machine makes setting precise tilt angles easy.
Note: Does not include mortising chisels. You can purchase them here.
- Adjustable work stop for repeat cuts
- Large 5” diameter handwheels control table movement along tried and true dovetail-shaped keyways
- Entire table tilts up to 35° in addition to the X/Y movements to make even complicated mortises easy to produce
- Feed lever features size positions allowing for quick adjustments
- Gas cylinder controlled rack and pinion system for smooth head raising and lowering
- Handwheels control smooth linear and cross table motions
- Hinged chuck door allows easy access for quick bit changes
- Quick position table mounted swiveling vise clamp accommodates angled workpieces
- Sturdy cast iron construction with precision-machined column and table
Chisel Capacity: 1/4" to 1"
Chisel Center to Fence: 4"
Chuck Size: 1/2"
Motor Amps: 11/5.5
Motor Phase: 1
Motor Power (HP): 1
Motor Voltage (V.): 115/230
Prewired Voltage (V.): 115
Prop 65: Cancer and Reproductive Harm
Spindle Speed (RPM): 1,725