- Freight included in price*
- In stock as of 3.17.23
SCM's most popular combination machine for years sets the bar higher than any other manufacturer. This machine has proven itself in American shops countrywide. It boasts a 5.5’ sliding table (8.5’ also available), and has features normally found on much more expensive machines for a fraction of the cost. See for yourself why the Minimax CU 300C Combination Machine is the perfect solution for people who want quality equipment with a small machine footprint.
The CU 300C has a large blade group with scoring as standard. Easily mount a 12” blade with scoring. You can also mount a 3/4" dado blade for added versatility! The main blade and scoring blade raise and lower independently of each other. The CU 300C slider has hardened steel guideways with ball bearings for a smooth action, the same design on our larger professional equipment!
This machine comes standard with scoring. This allows you to not only accurately cut panels, but you can cleanly cut them too. This is important when cutting particle board, melamine, laminated panels, or anything else to which you want to apply some type of edge banding. If you are cutting solid wood, simply drop it below the table surface independently of the main blade. A 12” main blade capacity is featured without having to remove the scoring blade.
The separate miter gauge allows the user to keep the main crosscut fence at 90° and use the separate miter gauge to do the angled cuts, saving time when mitering small panels. The CU 300C also comes with a 4-speed shaper as standard equipment. The spindle is 1.25” diameter, and is interchangeable to allow for spindles of different sizes. You can easily use the Shaper in conjunction with the slider for a more versatile machine. Reversing is also standard.
The 3-knife Tersa head and the tables pivot on a large hinge which will never go out on you. The machine is repeatable so that it goes back into the exact same position each time. The Tersa knives automatically reference into position when the head is turned on. Removal of the knives is as simple as tapping down the wedge blocks and sliding out the knives. Since the knives are double-sided, they can be flipped over, reinserted, and used again.
A separate heavy-duty jointer fence is included, which mounts to a cast-iron knuckle and tilts up to 45°. This machine comes standard with a new feature which allows you to use the post from the eccentric clamp to extend the ripping capacity of the sliding table saw of up to 32”.
The Minimax CU 300C also comes standard with a cast-iron mortiser. The mortiser has fluid vertical and horizontal movement with positive stops. A separate post is supplied to mount the eccentric clamp to secure your material. Also, standard is a Wescott Self-Centering chuck. The Minimax CU 300C comes standard with a mobility kit so that you can easily maneuver it into tight spaces. As heavy as it is, it is quite nimble.
- Incredible cutting of both very thick solid wood and panels, even those veneered, thanks to the new saw unit with a blade that has a maximum diameter of 315 mm that grants a 100 mm cutting height with the scoring blade installed
- Equipped with a saw-planer multifunction fence, designed to be easily positioned and removed to allow rapid work changeover
- Cast-iron structure
- Closed off by a cast iron “cup” to protect mechanical components inside the machine from sawdust, shavings, and dirt
- Precise and safe machining with the spindle moulder fence with micrometric adjustment complete with vertical and horizontal pressers
- Quick changeover thanks to the unique dual dust hood design in which you don’t have to drop the planer table all the way down to switch to a jointer and vice versa
- Workpieces with a maximum height of 230 mm can be machined to the thicknesser
- Planer unit in the standard version has a 72 mm diameter cutter block with 3 knives
- Heavy outrigger mounts to the sliding table for processing large piece
- Jointer tables open up away from the operator, and they open together making planing operations much easier
- Pressure of the thicknesser feed rollers can be adjusted according to the type of wood machined
- Rip fence is attached to the jointer table so that it does not disrupt the flow of material through the planer
- Sandblasted steel outfeed roller maintains the perfect post-machining finish.
- The new design of the dust conveyor, protecting the cutter block, is specifically intended to further increase system safety and efficiency
Electrical: 230 Volt
Min. dust extraction volume: 600 cfm
Net weight: 1,400 lbs.
Working width: 12"
Total jointer table length: 59" (1510 mm)
Cutterhead speed: 5,200 RPM
Max. depth of cut: 0.125"
Fence size/tilt: 6" x 51" / 0° - 45°
Table size: 12" x 22.25"
Max. working thickness: 9"
Min. working thickness: 0.125"
Max. stock removal: 1/8"
Feed speed: 23 fpm
Sliding stroke length: 5.5' (1600 mm)
Max. blade dia. w/ scoring blade in place: 12" x 5/8"
Scoring blade dia.: 80 mm x 20 mm
Max. depth of cut: 3.75"
Rip capacity: 32"
Spindle size: 1.25"
Capacity, under-the-nut: 3.5"
Spindle speeds (RPM): 1,700 / 4,000 / 7,000 / 9,000
Max. tooling dia.: Shaping/Tenoning: 8.25" / 10.5625"
- (3) Independent 4.8HP (single-phase, 230 V) motors
- 3/4" Dado capacity
- Independently adjustable scoring blade
- External Scoring Adjustments
- 5.5’ (1600 mm) Sliding table (8.5’, 2660 mm table also available)
- Interchangeable shaper spindle & Micro-adjustable shaper fence
- Cast iron horizontal mortiser w/ self-centering Wescott Chuck
- Miter fence and eccentric hold-down clamp
- Three-knife “Tersa” quick-change cutterhead
- Separate Jointer Fence
- Outrigger and Swing Arm
- Mobility kit
- Automatic self-braking motor
Please note: Items being shipped to extremely remote areas or areas with limited delivery access (such as islands only accessible by ferry) may incur additional shipping or freight fees. If your order requires any additional fees other than what is already included in the price, you will be contacted before those fees are applied and before your item ships. This is rare and will not apply to most orders.