Pre-Aging is a high-quality, non-reactive pre-treatment, that gives wood an aged appearance. Application provides a deep color with subtle accents. Available in 10 shades, the color spectrum ranges from a lighter to a darker smoked look, with colors that can be mixed with each other to create custom looks.
- Non-reactive water-based pretreatment
- 10 standard shades
- Stable color that is easy to reproduce
- No overlaps
- Applicable to virtually all wood types
- Excellent stain resistance after treatment with our oil
- Neutral product
Attention: This product is a pre-treatment and does not protect the wood. It has to be combined with Rubio Monocoat finishing products for maximum protection.
Note: Application requires the Microfiber Bristle Pad.
Spread Rate: 150-200 sq. ft.
Shelf Life: 36 months
Warning: Do not allow to freeze
- Sand surface without making scratches and vacuum.
- Apply Pre-Aging to the surface using a painters tray and the Rubio Monocoat Microber Bristle Pad. For edges/corners: apply with a cut in pad then smooth the Pre-Aging using a white pad. Work along the length of the boards, in widths of 10-15 inches. Avoid forming puddles.
- Allow to dry for about 24 hours and ensure sufficient ventilation. TIP: It is perfectly normal for the surface to dry in ‘spots’ that follow the grain pattern. As long as the surface still looks ‘spotted’, it is not dry yet.
- After drying (approx. 24 hours if there is sufficient ventilation), break the raised wood fibers using a buffer with a red pad. Vacuum and finish with a color from the Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C range. No buffing needed.