General Finishes Butcher Block Oil - Gallon
- $ 61.95
Have questions? Give us a call at 260-637-0054.
Butcher Block Oil is a natural protectant for all wood surfaces that come in contact with food. Use this oil-based finish on wood cutting boards, utensils, bowls, and butcher blocks.
The mineral oils used in General Finishes Butcher Block Oil meet all the requirements for use on wooden products that come in contact with food.
Also available in a pint.
Product Colors: Clear
Base Type: Mineral Oil
Interior or Exterior: Interior only
Type: Mineral Oil
Coats: 1+ coats
Application Method: Wipe On with Clean Rag
Usable over existing finishes: Yes
Dry Time - Recoat: 5 minutes
New, untreated butcher blocks
- Prep sand with 120-grit sandpaper.
- Remove dust with a vacuum, compressed air, a tack cloth or a water-dampened rag.
- Do not over-sand with fine-grit sandpapers; this will close and seal the wood grain, preventing ideal product absorption.
Existing surfaces previously treated with Butcher Block Oil
- Remove food residue using a pastry scraper or spatula to gently scrape areas where you find dried-on food or residue. Avoid gouging the wood by keeping the blade at an angle that just skims the surface.
- Scrub using a scrub brush, Scotch Brite Pad, or sponge and scrub the butcher block with hot water and mild dish soap.
- Rinse with hot water: Run a clean dishcloth through hot water and rinse several times.
- Dry thoroughly with a clean dish towel or paper towel.
- Let the surface dry overnight before applying another coat of Butcher Block Oil.
- Apply 2 coats of Butcher Block oil with a soft cloth.
- Let the first coat soak in for half an hour and then wipe off the excess.
- Apply the second coat. Let it absorb into the raw wood for 5+ minutes, then wipe the surface completely dry with a clean cloth.
- Butcher Block Oil is a maintenance product. Regular applications are recommended to keep the surface stain-repellant and looking its best.