Oil Plus 2C is a plant-based hardwax oil wood finish that colors and protects in only 1 single layer! Oil Plus 2C works by forming a molecular bond with the topmost fibers of the wood. It protects wood from water, heat and daily wear & tear all while keeping the natural look and feel of the wood. It is the best oil for wood furniture, hardwood flooring, cabinetry, millwork, tables, and just about anything made out of wood!
- Enhances the natural look and feel of the wood
- 0% VOC, does not contain any water or solvents
- Easy to maintain
- It’s a natural wood finish because the oil is made of linseed
- No overlaps or starting marks
- Minimal use/High coverage: 105-175 sq. ft.
- Can be applied to almost all wood types
- Safe for toys & food contact
- Very fast curing: 80% in 2 days
- A short ‘dry’ maintenance period: after 5 days, the surface can be cleaned with water and Rubio Monocoat Soap
Pure or Natural? Pure is non-pigmented. Natural is pigmented with yellow/white tones.
2C stands for 2-component. Part A is the oil, and Part B is an accelerant and hardener. Oil Plus 2C is 0% VOC and does not contain solvents or water. It does not produce lap lines. It is easy to apply and maintain, and can be applied to all wood types. Oil Plus 2C is available in over 50 colors, which can all be mixed to create endless color possibilities.
Also available in 1.3L.
Note: Color swatches are shown on White Oak. Due to the many variations in monitors settings, actual color may slightly vary.
Spread Rate: 105-175 sq. ft.
Cure Time: Within 5 days
VOC Content: 0%
Shelf Life: 36 months
Warning: Rags saturated in oil can spontaneously combust and need to be disposed of in accordance with local regulations.
1. Sand using the rules of the art. Vacuum thoroughly, eliminate remains of dust with RMC Cleaner.
2. Carefully mix the two components (1 to 2 minutes) with a ratio of appr. 3 units A to 1 unit B.
3. Once the cleaned surface is dry, spread out a small quantity of RMC Oil Plus 2C (cloth or polishing machine with thin beige pad). Work in zones of 5-10 m2.
4. Let absorb during a few minutes. Thoroughly remove all excess of oil (cloth or polishing machine with white pad) within 15 minutes per zone. The surface should feel dry! Finish all zones the same way.
5. In a well ventilated room, the surface can be used 24 - 36 hours after the application.
After 5 days a treatment with water and RMC products can be applied