- Freight included in price*
- Next available August 2023
The Elite series has proven itself in American cabinet shops for many years. This machine boasts a full 8.5’ stroke, and features normally found on much more expensive machines, for a fraction of the cost. See for yourself why the Minimax SC 4e 8.5 foot machine stands in a class of its own.
The Minimax SC 4e has a massive cast iron blade group which lends extra stability to the main blade and scoring blade. The cast iron blade group tilts on two trunnions to lessen degradation over time, and the main blade and scoring blade raise independently of each other.
The thick cast-iron knuckle, to which the extruded aluminum rip fence is attached, rides on a large steel round bar. It is locked in place with a cam design for maximum rigidity. It micro-adjusts into place via a rack and pinion design.
The Minimax SC 4e comes standard with scoring. This allows you to not only accurately cut panels, but you can cleanly cut them too. This is important when cutting particle board, melamine, laminated panels, or anything else to which you want to apply some type of edge banding. If you are cutting solid wood, simply drop it below the table surface independently of the main blade. A 12” main blade capacity is featured without having to remove the scoring blade. The scoring is belt-driven from the main motor.
The Minimax SC 4e comes with a separate miter gauge with two flip-stops. This way, for miter cuts, the operator can keep the main crosscut fence at 90° and use the separate miter gauge to do the angled cuts, saving time when mitering small panels .It also features an additional table on the slider to assist in supporting larger panels.
Also featured is the sliding table lock which allows the slider to be locked when pulled away from the blade that makes loading panels much easier. The crosscut fence comes with two interchangeable flip-stops. Two handwheels are included with the Minimax SC 4e for the main blade and scoring blade operating movements.
- Solid cast iron saw unit with double support trunnions
- Double trunnions on both saw and shaper assemblies
- Aluminum sliding table and rail with hardened steel guide-ways
- European-style rip fence with cam lock, micro-adjustable
- Automatic self-braking motor
- Two interchangeable flip-stops with miter gauge
- Two interchangeable flip-stops with crosscut fence
- Round steel guide bar for rip fence
- Telescoping crosscut fence with two adjustable flip stops
- Additional table on the sliding table for support of panels with large dimensions
- Eccentric panel clamp
- 2-position sliding table lock
- Table extension on saw out-feed
- Scoring blade (Adjusted Independently of Main Blade)
- 3/4” DADO capability
- Tool set and operator’s manual
- “CSA” - rated electrical components
Fixed Table Size: 33” x 22” (840 x 560 mm)
Squaring Stroke: 8.5’ (2,600 mm)
Table Height: 35.6” (904 mm)
Ripping Capacity, right side of saw blade: 50” (1,270 mm)
Tilting Arbor: 0° - 45°
Max. Cutting Height 0°/45°: 3.9”/2.8” (100/71 mm)
Main Blade Diameter: 12.4” (315 mm)
Main Blade Arbor Size: 5/8” (16 mm)
Scoring Blade Diameter: 100 mm
Scoring Blade Arbor Size: 20 mm
Main Blade Speed: 4,000 RPM
Scoring Blade Speed: 8,000 RPM
Motor: Single-phase, 230v
Horsepower: 4.8 Hp
Circuit Breaker: 30 amps
Main Dust Extraction Port Diameter: 4-3/4” (120 mm)
Saw Guard Dust Extraction Port Diameter: 2.5" (60 mm)
Minimum Suggested Extraction Volume: 1,000 CFM
Please note: Items being shipped to extremely remote areas or areas with limited delivery access (such as islands only accessible by ferry) may incur additional shipping or freight fees. If your order requires any additional fees other than what is already included in the price, you will be contacted before those fees are applied and before your item ships. This is rare and will not apply to most orders.