The Powermatic 4224B is the newest member of the industry-leading family of lathes. Over 900 pounds, the 4224B is the biggest, heaviest, and most capable lathe we’ve ever built. It expands the limits of creative possibility, and takes your passion to a whole new level. With newly designed, top of its class features, the 4224B pushes the limits of design, innovation, and durability.
- 15 Amp quad receptacle for easy reach of powered accessories
- Variable frequency drive allows machine to run on single- or three-phase power
- Air nozzle with quick connect for clearing dust/chips
- Brass-tipped knockout bar concentrates the action in the sliding handle; the brass tip will not damage drive centers
- Includes two 100W task lamps to provide ideal lighting and safety guard.
- Magnetic-backed moveable control box for versatility and safety
- Set of dead centers which hold a spindle for visual comparison
- Sliding headstock with electronic variable speed
- Spindle lock and built in spindle indexing on the headstock for drilling hole patterns, routing flutes and other equally spaced features
- Vacuum system provides quick method of chucking bowl blanks
Bed Construction Cast: Iron
Centerline of Spindle to Floor: 44"
Distance Between Centers: 42"
Gross Weight: 945 lbs.
Input Power: 220V 1-Phase
Motor Amps: 10
Motor (HP): 3 HP, 220V, 3Ph
Motor Phase: 3
Motor Power (HP): 3
Motor Voltage (V.): 220
Net Weight (Lbs.): 870
Overall Dimensions (L x W x H): 89" x 28" x 65"
Recommended Circuit Size (Amps.): 30
Shipping Dimensions (L x W x H): 68" x 27" x 31.5"
Swing Over Bed: 24"
Weight: 870 lbs.