Powermatic knows their woodworkers’ expectations are high when it comes to their machines. With that in mind, when they engineer a new product, they are continuously working to improve the woodworker’s capabilities while simultaneously enhancing their experience. That is why they are proud to introduce the PM2244 Drum Sander. The PM2244 will exceed your expectations with its world-class design, usability and sophistication.
- Belt tracking is designed to reduce the need for manual adjustment
- Closed stand with storage for keeping abrasives organized
- Drum carriage is designed to provide strength and consistent performance over time
- Emergency stop for quick shutoff
- Included infeed/outfeed tables provide 37-1/2 inches of support for the workpiece
- Integrated casters make it easy to move unit around the shop
- Integrated LED Control Panel shows power, belt speed, and DRO
- Large, chrome handwheel makes adjusting the drum height smooth and simple
- Table parallelism is adjusted with a dial on the outside of the conveyor bed, eliminating adjustments to the entire drum carriage
- The feed logic system monitors the load on the drum motor and regulates the speed of the conveyor motor to maintain the highest feed rate without overload
Conveyor Speed (FPM): 0 to 10
Drum Bearing Diameter: 5"
Drum Diameter: 5"
Drum Length: 22"
Drum Speed (RPM): 1,720
Dust Collection Minimum CFM Required (CFM): 800
Dust Port Outside Diameter: 4"
Maximum Board Thickness: 4"
Maximum Board Width: 22"
Minimum Board Length: 2-3/8"
Minimum Board Thickness: 1/32"
Motor Amps: 14
Motor Power (HP): 1-3/4
Number of Sanding Drums: 1
Recommended Circuit Size (Amps.): 20
Style (Type): Drum Sander
Weight: 328 lbs.