The Oneway Easy-Core Coring System utilizes a unique method of supporting the cutting arm during the coring process to make coring an enjoyable and effortless experience for even the novice turner.
Because of the smaller size of the blanks being cored, these smaller versions of our Easy-Core™ Coring System utilize only one knife to remove different sized cores. The different size cores are achieved by moving the base. Also available in 12" System.
Advantages of Coring
- Coring is a very time-effective method to make a bowl. It is far quicker than hollowing.
- You are not only done faster, but it is also less physically demanding.
- Tools can quickly become dull and require constant sharpening. Coring does require the cutter to be sharpened regularly, but the amount of sharpening required per bowl is drastically reduced. Relatively, the cutter is extremely cheap to replace compared to purchasing new tools and grinding wheels.
- Whether your using a small piece of expensive wood or a log from the wood pile, coring will save your wood. Being able to get several bowls out of one piece is a bowl turners dream come true.
Saves Clean-up Duty
- Hollowing a large bowl can produce a staggering amount of shavings and chips. Garbage bags can quickly be filled creating a problem with what to do with the waste. The rapid accumulation of chips on a shop floor can cause a myriad of hazards, often making it necessary to stop and clean up several times before the job is done.
- Virtually no vibration
- Easily replaceable cutters
- Negative nose and slightly positive top prevents the tool from being pulled into the wood and eliminates catches
- Complete Base Assembly
- Coring Knife
- HSS M4 Cutter Tip
- Clamp Block