Raw Wood Cleaner is a preparatory cleaner that thoroughly cleans the wood surface – after sanding and vacuuming – before treating it with a Rubio Monocoat finishing oil. Also used to clean the materials that were used during the application.
- Removes even the smallest dust particles.
- Can also be used to clean the used materials after the oil application.
Why use a small amount of Rubio Monocoat Cleaner?
The revolutionary technology of Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus uses molecular reactions to ensure that the oil bonds with the wood fibers within 15 seconds. If there is dust on the surface, the oil will bond with the dust. As a result, when spreading the oil with the white pad, a microscopic paste will form on the surface. The oil will have bonded with the dust instead of with the wood fibers. The cloth should only be slightly damped with Rubio Monocoat Cleaner - that way, the dust will be collected electrostatically.
Also available in 100ml and 5L containers.
Spread Rate: 750-1000 sq. ft.
Dry Time: Varies. Test with a moisture meter before and after to ensure full dry.
Shelf Life: 12 months
Physical state at 20 °C: Liquid
Final boiling point [°C]: 213 °C
Density [kg/m3]: 0,7 (15 °C)
Viscosity: 1,67 mm2/s (25°C)
Solubility in water: 0,10 %
Flash point [°C]: 62 °C
1. Sand and vacuum the surface in the appropriate manner.
2. Clean the surface with Rubio Monocoat Cleaner.
3. Allow the wood to dry till it regains its original aspect. Drying time: 15 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the degree of product that has been used to wet the surface.