The oscillating edge sander from Powermatic is full of features to handle all your edge sanding needs. The large 113/4" x 48" table travels a full 8" in vertical height to accommodate all parts from tall to small. It will also tilt in 5° and out to 45° for all the angles you need to run. The cast iron platen is a generous 48" x 91/2" and covered with graphite for production sanding offering super support and cooler running to extend belt life.
With 24 oscillations per minute you can use the entire belt face without burning. A 3hp motor powers the belt and runs a large gearbox to provide the oscillating action. The entire head pivots on a massive shaft with 2 sealed ball bearings for trouble-free performance. Dual dust collection ports keep the work area clean and extend the life of your abrasive belt.
Belt changing is fast with the ball bearing tension lever — after changing belt, perfect tracking is restored. Both tables tilt in and out and have complete vertical travel for maximum versatility. The 3hp motor with a large 9" diameter drive drum is perfectly balanced and pivots through the oscillation cycle on a massive shaft with double bearings for trouble-free performance.
- Dual dust collection ports keep work area clean and extend abrasive belt life
- Heavy-duty oscillating gearbox and shaft for long maintenance-free use
- Hinged guard opens for infinite length sanding
- Large 11-3/4" x 48" front worktable with 8" vertical travel and 45° tilt, includes miter head for angle work
- Large radius end table has 6" vertical travel and 45° tilt for any angle and working height needed
- Oscillates 24 cycles per minute for better finish and longer belt life
- Precision balanced 9" diameter drive drum and 4" diameter rubber coated idler pulley for positive drive and rigid tracking
- Rugged bearing-assisted tensioning device for fast belt changes and quick adjust tracking
- Spring loaded, quick release lever makes belt changes quick and easy
- Both tables tilt in and out and have complete vertical travel for maximum versatility
- Perfectly balanced motor pivots through the oscillation cycle on a massive shaft with double bearings for trouble-free performance
Belt Speed (SFPM): 3,542
Dust Collection Minimum CFM Required (CFM): 1,100
Dust Port Outside Diameter: 4"
Gross Weight: 870 lbs.
Motor Phase: 3
Motor Power (HP): 3
Net Weight: 800 lbs.
Overall Dimensions (L x W x H): 83" x 32" x 50"
Style (Type): Oscillating Edge