Creating flat, straight surfaces is crucial in the quest to build elegant projects. Virtually all forms of joinery and the tools that cut them depend on straight edges and square cuts. The Powermatic 54A 6” Jointer makes it easy to achieve the high levels of accuracy you need in this always-crucial operation.
The 1 HP, 1Ph, 115/230V motor (pre-wired 115V) is factory-mounted within the base cabinet and can be converted to use 230V power should that be desirable. The motor is on a special mount within the base cabinet that allows the user to adjust belt tension should that become necessary. The base also contains the dust collection chute that evacuates debris from below the cutterhead. The chute guides that debris to the exterior 4” diameter port near the floor.
The Powermatic 54A Jointer features a 3-knife cutterhead fitted with adjustment cams that make setting critical knife height easy and extremely accurate. Each knife is 6-1/16” long, 3/4” tall and 5/64” thick and made from high quality steel. The knives are secured by a set of 4 gib screws and a gib plate.
At 7-1/4” wide and 66” long, the cast iron Powermatic 54A Jointer table is one of the longest available in this class and provides plenty of support for even large work pieces. The tables are precision-ground to insure flatness and each is mounted on dovetailed ways that keep them perfectly aligned through height changes.
The all cast iron 4” tall by 38” long fence system is, like the tables, precisely ground to assure straightness. The fence tilts up to 45° towards and away from the tables. Fully adjustable stops at 90° (vertical) and each 45° position make setup fast and help keep the 54A accurate with minimal maintenance.
The Powermatic 54A Jointer has been designed and built to make your wood straightening tasks easy and accurate. The heavy duty construction and materials mean that this machine will remain an important part of your woodworking shop for many years to come.
- 66" long adjustable infeed and outfeed tables provide more working surface
- Built-in ledge for 1/2" rabbeting capacity
- Enlarged sheet metal stand provides a sturdy base
- Extra-long 38" two-way tilting fence with positive stops provides quick positioning for 90° or bevel cuts
- Fence controls are center mounted for convenience
- Fine/quick adjustment lever on infeed table for precision cuts
- Push button switch is lockable to prevent accidental starting
- Cutterhead features three high speed steel auto-set knives that automatically align themselves in the cutterhead
- Outfeed table height can be adjusted via handwheel
- Infeed table height adjusted using a unique lever system
Cuts Per Minute: 18,000
Cutterhead Diameter: 2-1/2"
Cutterhead Speed (RPM): 6,000
Cutting Capacity (W x D): 6" x 1/2"
Table Dimensions (L x W): 66" x 7-1/4"
Fence Dimensions (L x H): 38" x 4"
Dust Collection Minimum CFM Required (CFM): 600
Dust Port Outside Diameter: 4"
Infeed Table Length: 32-1/2"
Motor Amps: 13/6.5
Motor Phase: 1
Motor Power (HP): 1
Motor Voltage (V.): 115/230
Number of Knives: 3
Prewired Voltage (V.): 115
Rabbeting Capacity: 1/2"
Type of Cutterhead: Helical Style