- Freight included in price*
- Next available July 2023
The Minimax FS 41E X is a professional grade, heavy duty, long bed jointer/planer combination machine designed to meet the needs of the most demanding environments. It features cast iron tables, tilting fence and breakthrough “XYLENT” technology. This technology gives an exacting finish while reducing ambient noise decibel output significantly.
This 16” cutterhead version comes with a spiral knife cutterblock with 3 series of knives. These knives are 4 self-locking and self-centering screw knives. The Xylent cutterhead is the quietest and most durable knife option, making it suitable for heavier cuts. It also improves dust extraction since it produces very small chips. With each cutterhead you will also receive 1 dynamometric key for the correct and safe use of the locking mechanism (think of a mini torque wrench), as well as two inserts for the dynamometric key.
The standard guard offered on the Minimax jointer/planer combination machine is a spring type guard which always covers the unused portion of the knife. Other European style guards require the guard to be manually moved into place when the fence is readjusted. When processing thick wood, this does not cover the blade as completely.
For a maximum long lasting stability the cast iron thicknessing table lifts on 4 spindles with trapezoidal threads dust protected. The FS 41E X uses a dedicated planing fence extremely rigid and smooth, thanks to a support with central round bar.
- 87 mm diameter cutter block with 3 spiral knives in standard planer version
- Hand wheel with gravitational numerical readout for accurate positioning of the planer table
- Two dust collection outlets
- Improves dust extraction due to the production of very small chips
- 4-tip cutters can be rotated into the cutting position when worn
- The pressure of the thicknesser feed rollers can be adjusted according to the type of wood machined
- Thicknesser infeed roller has helical toothing to guarantee strong, constant workpiece feed
- Sandblasted steel outfeed roller maintains the perfect post-machining finish
- Very high rigidity of the surfacing fences made of extruded aluminum
Motor: Single-phase, 230 V
Shipping weight: 1,376 lbs.
Dust collection: 1,000 cfm
Working width: 16” (410 mm)
Jointer tables total length: 87” (2,200 mm)
Cutterhead dia.: 3.7" (95 mm)
Max. depth of cut: 0.2" (5 mm)
Fence tilt: 0° - 45°
Table dimensions: 16.125” x 30.5” (410 mm x 775 mm)
Min./Max. working thickness: 0.12”/9.4” (3 mm/240 mm)
Max. stock removal: 0.2” (5 mm)
Feed speed: 23 & 46 fpm
Exhaust outlet dia.: 4.72" (120 mm)
- 8 Horsepower motor 3-phase, 230v
- Additional overturning fence for processing of thin workpieces
- Dedicated Surface Planer fence (1,200 mm x 150 mm)
- Digital-mechanical readout on planer height (1/10 mm)
- Parallelogram jointer tables
- 4 dust-protected planer table columns with trapezoidal threading
- Helicoidal thicknesser infeed roller
- Sandblasted steel thicknesser outfeed roller
- Pre-setting for mortiser
- LED readouts & powered movements
- American-style, OSHA-approved jointer guard (Euroguard not included)
- Wheels for machine movement
- XYLENT Technology Helicoidal Cutterhead with 66 knives
- 10 additional knife inserts (15 mm x 15 mm x 2.5 mm)
Please note: Items being shipped to extremely remote areas or areas with limited delivery access (such as islands only accessible by ferry) may incur additional shipping or freight fees. If your order requires any additional fees other than what is already included in the price, you will be contacted before those fees are applied and before your item ships. This is rare and will not apply to most orders.